Thursday, November 19, 2009

Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays!



So my hubby and I always get into this discussion around this time of year. After Halloween and before Thanksgiving, I typically say Happy Holidays to the people I meet or run into when out and about. I think that includes Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now after Thanksgiving I give the Lord all the glory by proudly saying Merry Christmas to anyone in sight. Does it bother anyone else that we have become so politcally correct and so far off of our biblical base, that the media can not pronounce the Christ filled holiday as Christmas? We are such a busy society that Christ is getting "X"ed out of it everywhere. Especially when writing email messages from a blackberry or typing your update status on facebook. I hope that during this holiday season that people will realize that Jesus is the reason for the season & they will spell out those few extra letters to make it clear that Christ is the reason for Christmas!


I love Christmas so much! I even taught myself, with the help of youtube, to make beautiful bows just like my mom. So I got really excited and wrapped the presents that I have, which is all but three, and quickly decorated them with my mad bow making skills. After that I got the energy to get my tree up, simply because I like to enjoy it as long as possible. Some people think that I am weird, but I really do love Christmas that much!
Here is the website for the bow making,


As for the shopping. I am way OCD, and typically have most if not all of my shopping done by Thanksgiving. A few reasons for this...1. people are so grumpy when they shop in a rush & I think the Christmas spirit gets lost in it all....2. my hubby's side of the family is very difficult to buy for, so if I get an idea no matter what time of year it is, I purchase the item...3. my hubby kind of has that all too common Christmas money meltdown, so now he has it at Thanksgiving instead of Christmas. My family along with many of my friends will tell you...that it is just because I am way to organized for my own good, and this too has a little bit of truth!


One that note have a happy turkey day & good luck with your Christmas shopping the day after.

4 comments:

  1. Here is the bow making website if anyone is interested....

    http://www.ehow.com/video_4909031_make-floral-bows.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you already put your tree up! Why the heck not? And I love big fancy bows on gifts, too. I've tried to learn before, but failed. I'm totally going to check that video out. Wish me luck. Oh, and Merry CHRISTmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather: I am telling you this bow technique is super easy. It works better with wire ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two and your happy little friendship----bla bla bla!!!

    ReplyDelete