Monday, November 16, 2009

It is all so exhausting!!!

I only have a few followers, but my sister frankly informed me that I needed to be better about updating this blog...oh and not be so depressing all the time. I must admit that it is hard to share stories of unexplained infertility & not be depressing. My actual mental state is fairly positive considering the circumstances, but the subject will stop a conversation in it's tracks.

I am a planner. I think it is a trait that I 100% inherited from my mother. So, in order for me to have a positive outlook, I have to plan. So our fertility plan is going, but going slowly. This past week I received an outpatient lapro for endometriosis. They only found a little bit and were able to cut it out with only one incision. My doctor continues to be very positive, and for this I am very thankful! I am confident with our plans to attempt conceiving through clomid and then the last few months we are in AL to try a fertility treatment known as IUI. This treatment is basically a turkey baster procedure & will only require clomid and my normal ovulation cycle. After these treatments, we will have our next assignment and we will 100% devote our efforts to the adoption process.

So, as the holiday season begins, I am happy to admit that I am comfortable and at peace with the plans that we have made for our family through God's grace and love. I know in my heart that God will bless Javier and I with a baby, and in our heart of hearts it doesn't matter if this child is conceived by us. We are thankful for the journey God has presented us, and we will gladly continue on his journey to give us the life that he has planned out! My new goal is to not only speak or write these words, but to walk the walk. By this I mean that I will work daily on lifting my desires up to God & accepting with love and admiration the path he chooses for Javier and I. All the while praising him, and loving him even more. He did after all give his only son for our sins, so in the grand scheme of things it seems like a small gesture on my part. In all things God is Good & God is Good in all things!

So, brings the holiday season, which normally magnifies my longing for a baby. This holiday season, and I say holiday because it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, brings forth hope for Javier and I. We have too many blessings to count. God has blessed us with each other, a roof over our head, food of plenty, and the ability to help those in need. This Christmas we choose to concentrate on the family that we currently have, and look forward to spending time in Indiana with my sister, brother in law, precious niece, mom, and a dear friend of the family. We also hope to get to Miami to visit our sweet little nephews, sister in law, brother, and Javier's parents within the new year. We find such joy in shopping for little trinkets for the niece and nephews that God has so graciously blessed us with, and we continue to be thankful that their parents allow us to be such an important part of their lives.

This Christmas we will concentrate on the birth of our dear Lord Jesus Christ and all that is involved with that incredible journey. I ask those of you who are following along this journey with me, to take some time this holiday season and put Christ first and foremost in your life & the rest will fall into place.

Happy Thanksgiving.......

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, my dear. Oh how I relate to each and every word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you at least use my name!!

    ReplyDelete